Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: Executive director
To develop and implement a business development and fundraising strategy, including establishing the infrastructure to grow the current annual revenue stream of GoGMI through e.g. solicitation, government grants, competitive bids and corporate and foundation support.
• Develop and implement an organizational business development and fundraising strategy and process
• Maintain and provide donor intelligence and identify new funding opportunities for the Institute
• Develop successful proposals and budgets
• Lead in seeking grants income, collaboration opportunities and building consortiums for new grant funded projects;
• Manage effective and comprehensive tracking, monitoring and reporting framework for grants;
• Represent the organisation’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilisation or donor specific peer networks.
• Strengthen internal new business development capacity
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor degree in relevant discipline combined with substantive work;
Minimum of 3-year working experience in similar roles with an NGO or similar organisation;
Experience in securing and managing funding from key institutional donors
Deep experience in developing projects and programs proposal
Master Degree in Business related field
Knowledge in maritime related activities
• Proven relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of people and
• Established leadership skills and the ability to lead, co-ordinate and work with multiple teams and partners, including
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Solid analytical skills and ability to filter and distil critical information.
• Proficiency with financial data, including budgeting, with a close attention to detail.
• Practical organisational skills with the ability to manage a fluctuating workload, prioritise and re-prioritise when
necessary and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of Excellent technical skills in writing, editing,
formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications, with attention to details
• Creative thinker and motivator, energetic, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Able to learn quickly
• Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, etc).
Deadline for Application: 1 July 2022
Terms of Employment:
6 Months initial contract with the opportunity for permanent employment based on performance.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org